Cast of characters
- 6 1-inch thick pork chops
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 10 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Method to the madness
- Carefully cut into the fatty side of the chop, make a pocket to hold the stuffing.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook bacon just before crispy. Remove bacon, and add butter to the pan, then cook the apples and shallots. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove stuffing from heat, transfer to bowl and set aside. Salt and pepper each side of pork chop, stuff it with as much stuffing as you can fit and use a toothpick to close and prevent spilling (about half of the stuffing will be leftover).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear pork chops on each side for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Transfer chops to a baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. When serving, top each chop with some of the remaining stuffing.