Want to add an Asian flair to your dinner? Try this Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry. It combines flavor enhancers like soy sauce and oyster sauce. In addition, this recipe has other common components of an Asian dish, such as, garlic cloves, ginger, sesame oil and sesame seeds. This combination of saucy and savory goodness is an excellent pairing with the beef and broccoli.
If you’re tired of takeout, but you’re looking for something Asian inspired, this is a great dish for you. It’s satisfyingly delicious.
Simply start by getting a medium-size bowl. Mix in the cut meat, both of the soy sauces, the rice wine, sesame oil and cornstarch. These will work as a marinade; allow it to soak for at least 12 minutes and for extra flavor soak overnight.
Next blanch the broccoli, do this in salt water, it will take about 5 minutes, once finished you can set it aside to cool down in some cold water. After which you can set a wok or a frying pan on high heat. Add the oil, onions, garlic and ginger. Stir fry these ingredients for roughly 2 minutes. Once that’s ready you can add the meat. Make sure to sear both sides of the beef. Add the oyster sauce and continue to stir fry for about one minute. At this point you can add broccoli. You may also need more oyster sauce and some water, if it gets too thick. Allow this to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, and voila, you have a delish dish to serve to family and friends.
- 16 ounce skirt steak , cut in bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster flavored sauce
- broccoli cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- With medium-size bowl, combine cut meat, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sesame seed oil and cornstarch to marinade for 12 minutes or overnight.
- Take broccoli and blanch in salt water for 5 minutes and cool down in cold water then set aside.
- Get wok or frying pan heated up to high, add oil, onions, ginger, garlic and stir fry for two minutes. Then add meat and sear both sides. Pour Oyster flavored sauce in stir fry for a minute then add broccoli. You may need to add a little bit more Oyster flavored sauce and a bit of water to prevent from thickening too much. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!