Here is a recipe with just the right amount of tang and zest. Chicken and Dijon mustard make a perfect pair. Dijon mustard adds a nice complex flavor that makes this dish well-rounded. It adds the right amount of zing.
This dish is super easy to make. It takes just twenty minutes and serves two. The ingredient list includes chicken, olive or cooking oil, white wine or vermouth, thyme, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
To make the dish, start by seasoning your chicken breasts. Use a cooking or olive oil to fry the chicken in. A non-stick skillet is recommended for this. Cook both sides of the chicken until done. It takes about 5 minutes per side. Once this is complete, take the chicken out of the skillet. Add to the skillet these ingredients: white wine, thyme and garlic. Bring it to a simmer and then reduce it by half. Once it’s finished you can remove it from the stove top and add the Dijon mustard. Use this sauce to blanket the chicken breasts, creating a delicious display.
Serve on a dish and share with others. This is an easy recipe to duplicate. Share this zesty dinner with friends or family. It’s got the right amount of spice to satisfy the mild flavor of poultry. It’s pleasing to the eyes and the mouth.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 2 chicken breasts, beat 1/4 inch thick with tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other cooking oil
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine or vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken breasts and cook in non-stick skillet with the cooking oil until done on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set on plate.
- Add your white wine, thyme, and garlic to skillet. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and add your dijon mustard. Mix well and pour over chicken. Enjoy!!