Here is a very simple dish with a flavorful bite. This chicken is seasoned with the spice of pepper, paprika and chipotle peppers. But, it’s also cooled down by lime juice. The blend of succulent flavors dance in your mouth.
This is a pretty easy recipe that makes enough to serve 4-5 people. Add the ingredients: tomato sauce, lime juice, garlic and chipotle peppers to a blender or food processor. Puree these ingredients into a marinade. In the meantime, put the chicken in storage bag. Once the sauce is ready, pour it over the chicken within the storage bag. Let this set for at least 6 hours or overnight. When the chicken has set long enough, you can grill it. However, right before grilling, use a basting brush to rub olive oil over the chicken, then sprinkle a bit of paprika and pepper to season it. You can throw out the bag with the leftover marinade. When the chicken is done grilling, let it set for at least 5 minutes. This will provide it with the necessary cool down time. After which, you can either serve as the main entree or in a tortilla. You can dress it up with whatever you like from sour cream to lettuce…
This dish adds a festive touch to any meal. It’s got just the right amount of flavor and it’s not bland by any means. However, nor is it too spicy for the average person. It’s a flavorful blend that will make your taste buds tingle.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers with adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 flour tortillas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Puree tomato sauce, lime juice, garlic cloves, and chipotle’s in a food processor or blender. Pour over 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a food storage bag and marinate for at least 6 hours up to overnight.
- Take chicken out of marinade and discard. Take chicken, brush it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and black pepper.
- Grill chicken, and then let rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken and layer into flour tortillas. Add any kind of toppings you like and Enjoy!
- Tacos are optional – This chicken makes a great dinner on it’s own too but you can’t go wrong with tacos.