This delightfully, tasty bread is easy to make. There are only a few ingredients: butter, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, and ciabatta bread.
The bread should be cut in half and toasted under a broiler until it appears golden brown. To make the topping just add the butter, olive oil, and garlic into a pan; heat this on low. Once the bread is done pull it out from the broiler. Top the bread with the sauce when it’s complete and then add a sprinkle of parmesan. Next place the bread back under the broiler for another minute. The cheese should be melted when it’s ready to serve.
This savory garlic bread will serve four to six people. It makes a wonderful compliment to hearty Italian pasta, salad or soup.
Who needs pre-packaged garlic bread when you can make your own? Store bought can’t complete with this treasure.
This satisfying dish is home cooked to perfection. Plus, garlic adds a healthy punch to the carbohydrates and calories. Garlic is said to assist in reducing the risk of heart disease. This is because garlic essentially helps blood flow. The tasty addition of garlic to foods can provide a healthier boost to any dish. So although you may have calories and carbohydrates in this one, you also have a dose of garlic. It adds a little something extra to this satisfying side dish.
Description by Ashley Horst
By March 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Ready In: 8 mins
This delightfully, tasty bread is easy to make. There are only a few ingredients: butter, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, and ciabatta …
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Loaf of Ciabatta sliced in half
- 4 Tbs Parmesan Cheese grated
- In a small sauce pan combine garlic, butter, and olive oil. Heat on low for 3 minutes
- Toast Ciabatta under the broiler until golden brown.
- When toasted to a golden brown, brush the butter, olive oil, and garlic over the top.
- Sprinkle your parmesan cheese over the top of the bread and place it back under the broiler for a minute or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve!