Mac and cheese is a classic dish, one that never gets old! The boxed stuff is tasteful, but nothing seems to beat homemade. This recipe is naturally delicious and super cheesy. The variety of cheeses is outstanding. A dish any cheese lover would appreciate!
The ingredients include: elbow macaronis, milk, flour, onion salt, mild cheddar, Mexican blended with Philadelphia cheese, sharp cheddar, butter, panko (breadcrumbs) and parmesan. It’s an eloquent combination of flavors and provides a satisfying delivery.
This recipe will make six to eight servings. It’s a great addition to a potlock. It also makes a delicious dinner or side dish. It’s got a sharp, but creamy flavor with a nice crumbly topping; sure to please the majority.
Boxed mac and cheese might be simple, but this one is pretty easy too. However, it will take a little longer, about one hour from prep to finish.
Start this delicious dish by cooking the macaroni as suggested on the box, once this step is finished use a strainer to drain out the water. Get a jar and mix in the milk, flour and onion salt, close the jar and shake it for about 1 minute. Grease a 9×13 baking dish in the meantime. In another bowl combine the noodles, flour mix, and 6.5 cups of cheese (see the recipe for recommendations). Add the mix to the greased baking dish and make sure its evenly distributed. Add the remainder of the cheese and the melted butter. In another bowl, mix together the parmesan and bread crumbs (you can also use a closed bag). Top off the dish with this parm/panko mix. Allow this to bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. When all is said and done you’ll have a cheesy dish to remember.
Homestyle Mac and Cheese
By March 27, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Mac and cheese is a classic dish, one that never gets old! The boxed stuff is tasteful, but nothing seems to beat homemade. This …
- 1 16oz Package Elbow Macaroni
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 8 oz Package Mild Cheddar
- 1 8oz Package Mexican Blended w/ Philadelphia
- 1 16oz Package Sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 3/4 Cups Panko
- 1/4 Cups Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain water and set aside. Combine milk, flour, and onion salt in a large jar that can be closed/sealed. Shake well for 1 minute.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish. In an extra large bowl, stir together macaroni, flour mixture, and approximately 6.5 cups of cheese. I use approximately 3.5 cups of sharp cheddar, 1.5 cups of mild cheddar, 1.5 cups of Mexican blend.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheeses. Drizzle melted butter evenly on top.
- In a bowl, mix together Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly across top of macaroni before baking. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.