Peanut Butter Fit Bars
Peanut Butter Fit Bars can be a tasty snack and a great on the go breakfast. The bars contain various seeds like sunflower, sesame, flax, and pumpkin. Plus there are nuts; walnuts and almonds. Additionally, each bar contains raisins, dates, and dried cranberries. Plus it’s sweetened with agave nectar, a sweetener that has a low glycemic index (meaning it won’t raise blood sugar rapidly).
The fact that these bars contain seeds and nuts makes them a healthier choice. Many seeds and nuts have essential fatty acids. Plus they can assist in promoting healthier skin and hair. They often contain vitamin E and fiber as well. Seeds and nuts have fats like unsaturated and monounsaturated which are both healthier fats in moderation.
Each bar contains 6 grams of protein, 212 calories, 23 grams of carbohydrates, and 11 grams of fat. However, keep in mind the fats in seeds and nuts are a healthier option. This recipe will create 20 bars within 30 minutes. It takes 15 minutes for prep and 15 for cook time.
This recipe is brought to you by Mary “The Fitness Freak.” You can follow her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mary.fitnessfreak. However, she has shared various recipes on this website too. Feel free to check out the others for healthy and delicious food options.
Peanut Butter Fit Bars recipe is just one of the delicious recipes Mary has provided. It’s the perfect bar for breakfast or a snack. It packs a protein punch. Plus it contains seeds, nuts, and fruits. Try out something sweet, salty, and nutritious. In only 30 minutes you can create 20 on-the-go bars.
Description by Ashley
Peanut Butter Fit Bars
By February 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 20 bars
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
A Healthy Snack or Breakfast on the go!
- 4 Cups Minute Oats
- 1/4 Cup Golden Flax Seed
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Raw Unsalted Hulled Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds chopped
- 1/4 tps Salt (to taste)
- 12 Dates sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup +1Tbs Agave Nectar
- 3/4 Cup Adams Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbs Safflower Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Then, in a food processor, blend 3 cups of oats for 1 minute.
- Combine blended oats with remaining cup of oats and next 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a standup mixer. Stir on low while gradually adding in agave nectar. Then add in peanut butter, water, and oil and mix until combined
- Transfer ingredients to a greased 9 x 13 dish. Tightly pack ingredients down till bars are hard and take up the entire dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Makes 20 bars.
- Serving size: 1 bar. Calories: 212. Carbs: 23 g. Fat: 11 g. Protein: 6 g.