- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 14 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 9 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained cut into bite size pieces
- Handful Parmesan, freshly grated
- Handful parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
- In a large saucepan heat olive over medium. Stir in garlic and onion; cook until onions are translucent. Pour in the diced tomatoes, then stir in the basil. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 mins. Add the artichokes to the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour over the spaghetti.
- Toss in your basil, grate some parmesan cheese. Serve with more parmesan and fresh parsley.