Slow Cooker Taco Soup
It’s time to raid the spice rack. This recipe calls for a long list of ingredients, including six spices! Add these to your supply list: cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder. This recipe may pack some seasonings, but that’s not all.. This savory dish also includes: chili beans, chopped onions, black beans, corn kernels, tomato sauce and two cans of tomatoes w/ diced chilies. Add to this mix some cornstarch, ground beef and beer, plus a few optional ingredients (cheddar, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips).
Now, if you’re not a fan of spicy, don’t be scared you won’t require a “fire extinguisher.” This recipe has a mild amount of spice. However, if it’s heat you want, add a little extra for a powerful punch in the tastebuds.
This recipe is pretty versatile, not only can you adjust your heat level, but also your choice of meat. You don’t have to pick ground beef to make Taco Soup. You may want to try chicken or ground turkey for a lower fat option. It’s entirely up to the chef! Either way, this recipe has pretty simple instructions… Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for 7hrs on low. Keep in mind, if you’re making ground beef or turkey, you should cook it about half way before placing in the slow cooker.
This taco soup will feed about 4-6 people when everything’s said and done. It’s a convenient meal for the person on the go. Plus, it’s enough to feed a small to medium sized family. Take some time for yourself, break out the slow cooker and start cooking.
Description by Ashley Horst
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
By April 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
Slow Cooker Taco SoupIt’s time to raid the spice rack. This recipe calls for a long list of ingredients, including six spices! Add …
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 16oz can Chili Beans Undrained
- 1 16oz can Black Beans Undrained
- 1 15oz can Corn Kernels Drained
- 1 8oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 12oz Beer We Recommend Guinness
- 2 10oz cans Tomatoes Diced with Green Chilies Undreained
- 4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2lbs Ground Beef Cooked
- Shredded Cheddar Optional
- Sour Cream Optional
- Crushed Tortilla Chips Optional
- 6tsp Chili Powder
- 5tsp Paprika
- 4.5tsp Ground Cumin
- 2.5tsp Onion Powder
- 2.5tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5tsp Cornstarch
- 1/8tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker including whatever meat you wish to use. Cook on low for 7 hrs. If you used chicken it will pull apart and shred easily with two forks when it is done.If using beef, cook it half way and then add it to slow cooker.Top with sour cream, cheddar, and tortilla chips if you wish.
- This recipe is only a little bit spicy with the amount of spice we recommend but if you like your food spicier then we recommend adding some extra.