Looking for an Italian sandwich to snack on for Lunch? Try this Turkey Ciabatta! It’s an easy recipe, plus it’ll be ready in just 15 minutes.
This particular recipe only makes one sandwich, so if you have company over you’ll need to make more. It’s so tasty, others will want one!
This recipe combines the mild flavor of mozzarella with the savory flavors of basil, sundried tomatoes and pesto. It’s a healthy alternative, using spinach and low fat cheese. Plus, pesto offers a low fat alternative to toppings like mayo or ranch.
Try out this recipe, by following the simple steps. Just cut the ciabatta roll in half. Take the top half and spread on some pesto. Add a slice of low fat mozzarella on top of the pesto. Microwave this for about 20 seconds. It will allow the cheese to melt a little.
In the meantime, take the bottom bun. Spread some butter on the outside of it. Put a little pesto on the inside and layer some sun-dried tomatoes, turkey, and spinach. When the other roll is finished pull it out. Layer some fresh basil leaves on top of the cheese. Close the buns and use a Panini maker or a George Foreman grill to cook it. It will only take about 5-7 minutes for it to finish.
Take one bite of this sandwich and you may feel like you’re sitting in Italy. Can you picture sitting in a cafe, somewhere off a beaten path? Greenery and artistic architecture are in your view. Your taste buds will fall in love with the flavors of savory basil and mild mozzarella. Each bite is a reminder of a beautiful place, where life beats at a slower speed.
Description by Ashley Horst
Tuscan Turkey Ciabatta
By March 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5-7 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Looking for an Italian sandwich to snack on for Lunch? Try this Turkey Ciabatta! It's an easy recipe, plus it’ll be ready in just 15 …
- Whole Wheat Ciabatta Roll
- Sundried Tomatoes Not In Oil
- Part Skim Mozzarella
- Sundried Tomato Turkey Breast
- Cut ciabatta rolls in half. Spread ½ tablespoon of pesto on inside of the top half. Top with a slice of cheese and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In the meantime butter the outside of the bottom bun. Then spread ½ tablespoon of pesto on the inside of the bottom half. Top with 4-5 flattened sundried tomatoes, turkey breast, and spinach.
- Once the top bun has been removed from the microwave, place 2-3 basil leaves over the cheese. Close the sandwich and butter the outside of the top bun. Place on a panini maker or George Foreman grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes.