An instant family favorite! Manicotti is full of creamy Ricotta cheese, covered in a traditional Marinara sauce, with just the right amount of pepper for some zip. Give it a try; it’s easier than you think.
- 1 batch marinara
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parlsey chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 box manicotti noodles about 14 shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook Manicotti according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, mozzarella, 1/3 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper. Fill a large plastic resealable bag with the ricotta mixture, squeeze out the extra air and seal it closed. Cut off one corner large enough to fill your Manicotti.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, ladle a generous amount of Marinara sauce on the bottom until it is completely covered. Drain Manicotti and lay them out on a cookie sheet, allow to cool separately so they don’t stick to each other. Once they are cool, fill your Manicotti by squeezing the ricotta mixture into one half of the Manicotti at a time until full and then place them gently into your baking dish. Repeat until your baking dish is full. Pour the remaining Marinara over the top of your Manicotti and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top. Bake for 30 minutes and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!