- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/3 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax seed and 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire, vegan
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 cup panko, gluten free
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Mash beans into a large bowl. Add cooked quinoa into the mashed beans and mix together. In a food processor, pulse carrots, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Combine with beans and quinoa.
- In a separate bowl, add flax egg, Worcestershire, cumin, nutritional yeast, lime juice, and chili pepper. Stir in panko, and then transfer all ingredients into large bowl and combine. Form 4-5 patties (depending on your preference of burger thickness).
- Place burgers on hot oiled grill over medium heat. Cook about 6 minutes on each side. Add more cooking time, if necessary.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!