Are you looking for an easy recipe? This is probably one of the easiest ones you’ll find. But, just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s lacking on ingredients or flavor. In fact; the ingredients list is many, making the dish quite colorful. In the list you’ll see black beans, corn kernels, a red pepper, cilantro, tomato and more. The dish is quite vibrant with yellows, reds and greens; making it a healthy choice.
Additionally, the dish calls for hot sauce. Did you know that hot sauce comes with an added bonus? The ingredient is called capsaicin. It’s the heat element of peppers and is actually healthy for you! Capsaicin contains antioxidants which help rid the body of free radicals.
With this dish you can create enough to serve five. Enjoy with family or friends. You can also double or triple the recipe and bring it to a get together. Wow your social crew with this vibrant snack.
The actual time it takes to make this salsa is only about 20 minutes. All you have to do is mix up the ingredients and let them set for about 15 minutes. This will allow any frozen vegetables to thaw. It will also allow the savory flavors to combine. In the end you’ll have a healthy side that offers an outstanding taste. It’s pleasing to the eye and the mouth.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 1 (14 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 – 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce, just eyeball the amount (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoonlime juice
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) vegetable or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!