Pizza is loved by many. You can have it for breakfast, dessert, lunch or dinner. You can put pepperonis, anchovies, pineapple or even eggs on it. Pizza allows the chef to be creative while preparing a wide range of delicacies. This particular recipe was found on Pinterest. It puts pizza in the breakfast category. The toppings include several breakfast favorites: bacon, eggs, cheese, and more. Plus it’s all served piled on top of a homemade crust. This dish is seasoned with parsley, chives, scallions, salt and pepper. The prep time is about 20 minutes and the cook time is roughly 10 minutes. However, the overall time is more. You have to wait a little for the dough to be ready. This recipe actually includes directions on how to make the dough from scratch using flour and yeast. Make sure to follow each step specifically. It may be a pretty simple recipe, but it requires focus and following directions accurately. This isn’t one of those dishes where you can skip a step or two and it will be just fine. Be specific and you’ll end up with a pleasant surprise for breakfast, to share with others. It serves 4-6. Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use a pizza stone for the recipe. A variety of companies sell these. You can pick one up from Pamper Chef or a local store like Bed, Bath and Beyond. A stone will be your best bet to making this dish really stand out. The recipe gives a nice twist to a popular food. Follow the steps exactly and before you know it you’ll have a breakfast pizza to share. Description by Ashley Horst We found this recipe on Pinterest and thought we would give it a shot! This recipes is excellent! The site we got this from is… http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/03/breakfast-pizza/ Please make sure you read the directions on this recipe all the way through before attempting to make this. This is not a whip it up in 30min recipe although it is a pretty simple recipe.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ¾ cup warm water and sugar, sprinkle in the dry active yeast and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then add flour and salt. Knead the dough about 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Place dough into a well oiled bowl, cover bowl with towel to avoid drying out. Refrigerate a couple of hours or overnight (If overnight covering will need to be more airtight). Divide the dough into two equal parts and roll each into a ball. Prepare your toppings and your olive oil sauce mixture in advance to your assembly time.
- Toppings: Fry your six slices of bacon. Place them on a paper towel to help pull some of the excess grease from the bacon. When it cools chop it up in to small pieces. Go ahead and mince your chives, parsley, and scallions and set aside.
- Pull the dough out of refrigeration and let rest one hour (dough will double in size).
- Preheat your oven to 500° for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- When your dough is ready you will need to lightly flour your hands. Roll your dough out into about a 12” circle. Continue to pull and roll the dough out and dust as needed with more flour, if it is too sticky. Leave a nice edge for crust. Lightly flour the pizza stone or baking sheet and slide your dough onto it.
- Next, sprinkle half of each of the cheeses on to the first pizza. Then add half of your bacon, chives, scallions, and parsley.
- With a spoon move some of the cheese out of the way and make a little nest for your eggs to sit in so it doesn’t roll off the edge of your pizza in transit to your oven. Some people actually recommend scrambling the eggs instead, we say, Do whatever makes you happy!
- Place your pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool for 2 minutes and then Enjoy!
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!