Cajun Alfredo is our spicy take on a popular dish. The aroma of jalapenos and roasted peppers will cause your taste buds to tingle! If you like Fettuccine Alfredo dishes, but are desiring a little something extra, give this recipe a try!
By March 19, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Cajun Alfredo is our spicy take on a popular dish. The aroma of jalapenos and roasted peppers will cause your taste buds to tingle! If …
- 1lb Fettuccine Noodles
- 2Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Onions Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini or *Roasted Red Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Squash or *Roasted Green Pepper Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Jalapeno seeded / *Unseeded Minced
- 1-2Tbs Garlic Minced
- 1Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1Tbs-*2Tbs Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes / Sun-dried Work Well Too Diced
- 3Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1lb Rattlesnake Meat (optional) Cut in to 1/2
- *Included with this recipe are substitutions to make this dish a bit more spicy and flavorful. If you only like mild spice, stick with the original recipe.
- In a large pot add salt and water to boil pasta.We recommend Fettuccine or Bow Ties.Cook according to directions and drain.
- While the noodles are cooking...Get a large skillet and heat 2Tbs of Vegetable Oil over med/high heat.Add the Squash, Onions, Zucchini, and Mushrooms. (For the Spicy Version add Both Peppers instead of the Yellow Squash and Zucchini.)Cook for 5 minutes until they are cooked through but not soggy. Pour in Cream, and Fettuccine, simmer for 4 minutes. Add in the Jalapeno, Garlic, Mustard, Dijon, and Cajun Seasoning. Cook for 1 minute and then add the Tomatoes and Parmesan.
- If you wish to actually add rattlesnake meat to your dish you will need to do the following...Preheat 3Tbs of Vegetable Oil over high heat in a large skillet. Dredge the rattlesnake meat in flour and pan fry for about 5 minutes or until well done. Arrange the meat on top of the pasta.