- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 16 ounce sourdough boule, cubed 1″ pieces
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high, add spinach and cook until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a 1 quart greased baking dish, add half of the bread cubes. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese, half of the spinach and pour half of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place dish on a baking sheet and bake until tops are golden and the center springs back when lightly pressed, about 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil halfway through if top becomes too dark.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!