A classic Italian dish, our Chicken Parmesan is thin and crispy, covered in melted Parmesan. It’s also a perfect compliment for our marinara sauce.
This recipe calls for Marinara sauce. If you do not have your own recipe please give ours a try! The chicken parmesan only calls for a small amount of sauce but if you will be adding spaghetti as a side dish then you will need to make a full batch. Check it out our marinara here
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 8oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lay out chicken breasts on a cutting board with plastic wrap over the top and beat them with a mallet until they are about 1/2″ thick.
- In a large zippy bag add your flour and salt & pepper at your discretion. In one pie plate scramble the two eggs lightly. In the other pie plate add your bread crumbs.
- Take your pieces of chicken one at a time and add them to the zippy bag. Close the bag and shake it until the chicken is well coated on both sides, shake off excess and then dip it into the egg, let the excess drip off and then coat both sides in the bread crumbs.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet cooking on each side for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- When they are are golden brown, ladle the marinara sauce on top and add shredded mozzarella to the top. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.