- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubes
- 3 cups no sodium chicken broth
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in onion, garlic, celery, and carrots, cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and thyme, stirring for 1 minute. While stirring, gradually add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in green beans and chicken, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide filling among four 8-ounce ramekins. Roll out 1 sheet puff pastry and cut into 4 squares to fit over ramekins. Cut a small X in the center of each to vent, then place on top of filling. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake at 375 degrees until filling is bubbling and crust is golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!