It doesn’t get much better than starting a day with chocolate. Chocolate applesauce muffins are a great on-the-go food. These muffins are a sweet breakfast or dessert.
Save some time in the morning or after dinner. Make them ahead of time. You can easily grab one to go in the morning. Enjoy one with your cup of coffee or tea…However; it can also be savored as a sit down treat. Since this recipe makes 24, you can easily share them with friends and family. You may want to even bring some to the office. Share with coworkers for some “brownie points.”
Overall this dessert is thankfully not all that devilishly decedent. There is a cup of sugar and just two tablespoons of honey in the whole recipe. With applesauce, the fat content isn’t too high. If you’re going to go with chocolate, this is probably one of the healthier options. Let’s face it; the negative to eating chocolate is the guilt factor. But, with this recipe you can eat chocolate with less guilt! Additionally, the recipe includes unsweetened applesauce, raw milk, organic whole grain flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and more. Applesauce is a great alternative to oil. It decreases the fat content, and it allows baked goods to still have adequate moisture. When finished, these muffins are moist and fluffy.
The recipe is easy. There are just four steps to the process. Follow these simple steps and you’ll have 24 delicious muffins to enjoy and share.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups. In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, applesauce, and eggs; beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in milk and honey; mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Combine dry ingredients into the wet mix, mix well. While mixing, pour in boiling water. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!