Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? What about oatmeal cookies? Wouldn’t it be ten times better if you could combine them? Well you can! Try out this recipe, it’s delectably delicious. What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie that you can deem as “healthy?” It’s a great way to justify dessert!
This recipe is easy to make and serves 8. Start out by making sure you have all your ingredients. It includes many of the usual suspects, plus a few additional tid-bits. Here’s the list: flour, baking soda, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, large eggs, dry minute oats, chopped nuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Now that you have your ingredient list you can start mixing. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, to get started. Mix up the flour and baking soda in a bowl. Make sure it is well blended. Combine the butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar in another bowl. This too should be blended thoroughly. Next, you can start adding the flour mix to this bowl. Be sure everything is blending smoothly. Once this mix is ready, you can add your chocolate chips and oatmeal (the key ingredients).
Once you’ve finished the “hard part,” you can start baking. Use a tablespoon or a cookie scoop to place the cookie dough on a baking sheet. Try leaving about 1” in between each section of cookie dough. Allow this to bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Enjoy the aroma of these fresh baked cookies. Your house will smell like a bakery and mouths will water.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dry minute oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 F
- Combine flour, baking soda in a bowl and blend well.
- In your mixing bowl add butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugars. Blend well. Slowly start adding your flour mix until it’s all in the bowl and blended. Then add your chocolate and oatmeal.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to place on cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!