- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup sweetened toasted coconut
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until mixture becomes light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in extracts and salt. Set mixer to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until just combined (do not overmix). Add shredded coconut and stir with a spoon.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, water, and coconut extract, stir until smooth. Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle with icing, and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Let icing set, slice, and serve.