Although the name might catch you off guard, don’t let it fool you. Yes, eggs and olives can be good together. In fact, this is excellent. This sandwich is satisfying and high in protein. The combination of flavors creates just the right amount of zest and zing! It’s an easy sandwich to make, but adds a distinct flavor to the mundane egg salad. Yellow mustard and turmeric throw in a nice tangy flavor. The paprika and pepper provide a great bite. Plus, there is just the right amount of salty goodness. It’s a definite appetite pleaser.
To make this recipe, you simply boil some eggs. Afterwards you chop up the eggs and green olives, then mix it all up! It’s wonderful on a sandwich with a piece of lettuce and a slice of provolone cheese. If you like a little extra dressing on your sandwich, spread a small amount of mayo. Egg and olive is also tasty as a salad or can be eaten as an appetizer. Add some chips or crackers to the side and snack. Of course, it’s even tasty all by itself, dig in with a fork. There are a variety of ways to eat this cool, unique dish.
Satisfy your cravings today with this simple recipe. It will make enough to create three to four sandwiches, dependent on how big you make them. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons green olives
- 2 teaspoons mayo
- A pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, and turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes
- Turn off burner and let eggs sit for 10 more minutes
- Remove eggs from pot and allow to cool in a bowl of cold water
- Crush olives or cut into small chunks
- Add olives to a bowl, mix in mayo and mustard
- Add optional seasonings
- Crack eggs and remove shell, add to the bowl and use a fork to smash them
- Mix everything together thoroughly and place in fridge to cool before serving
- Serve on bread with lettuce and a slice of provolone. This can also be served on a bed of lettuce or with crackers/ chips.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!