- 1.5 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut finely shredded.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Mix softened coconut oil and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, coconut milk and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add almond meal, cocoa powder, coconut, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together. Add boiling water and mix. Pour into prepared cake pan or cupcake pan.
- 15-20 minutes for cupcakes. 30-35 minutes for a cake.
- 2 cups Organic powdered sugar (or make your own by putting sugar and a little cornstarch in a blender until you get the consistency of powdered sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut finely shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt coconut oil in a warm pan. Add in vanilla and coconut milk. Warm on medium heat. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir and cook on medium heat until frosting begins to thicken. You don’t want it too thick, just thick enough to stay in place when you put it on the cupcake. It will harden a bit after it cools so you don’t want it getting too hard. If its too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost warm cupcakes with warm frosting. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!