- 2 pounds skirt steak
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Mix the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, shallot and ground black pepper. Place meat in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before going on the grill.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates. Place the steak on the grill (discard marinade) and allow the steak to grill for 5 minutes per side (this delivers a medium rare steak) or to desired doneness. Remove from the grill, tent with foil and allow steak to rest for 7-10 minutes. Slice thinly to serve.
Raw Veggie Salad with Whipped Ricotta
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, chilled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of table salt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup each of red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halving and quartering some or both
- ½ pound snow peas
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach cut into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- Place the ricotta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and pinch of salt in a food processor. Blend until light and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Toss tomatoes, peas, radishes and spinach in 2 teaspoons of olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and toss again.
- When plating, place a dollop of whipped ricotta on a salad plate, top with veggie salad and garnish with crushed pistachios!
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!