Here is an easy and creative way to use up leftover chicken. You can even use canned chicken in this one. The recipe is great for the whole family.
The ingredients include chicken, mozzarella cheese, large tortillas and baby leaf spinach. That’s it, only four ingredients!
You can use a frying pan, a Panini press or a Quesadilla maker. You may need to grease the pan, depending on what you’re using. Warm the chicken separately and shred it. To shred the chicken, you can use a Kitchen Aide Mixer w/ a paddle, as suggested in the recipe. Once the chicken is ready, put some on the tortilla. Add some spinach and cheese. If you’re using a pan or Panini maker, fold the tortilla in half. A tip from the recipe for frying in a pan: Use a plate with a heavy jar on it. This is placed on the tortilla to keep it shut. If using a quesadilla maker, you’ll probably want to double the recipe and use two tortilla shells (one for the top and one for the bottom).
The total prep time is about 10 minutes and the cook time is about 5 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done by its golden brown appearance.
The taste is simple but intriguing. The mild flavor of mozzarella complements the earthy taste of spinach. The combination of the two with chicken is simply delicious. Enjoy this dish with family or friends. It’s simple, easy and down right tasty.
Description by Ashley Horst
Leftover Chicken And Spinach Quesadillas
By January 19, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
A creative way to reuse that leftover chicken from last night's dinner! It's delicious and kids will love it!
- Leftover Chicken Canned Chicken Would Work
- Mozzarella Cheese or cheese of your choice
- Tortilla's Large enough that folding them over won't be difficult
- Baby Leaf Spinach
- Heat a frying pan to medium or turn on your panini press
- Lightly grease your pan (optional)
- Warm your chicken and shred it. Any easy way to shred lots of chicken at once is to use your Kitchen Aid mixer w/paddle attachment! Done in 30 seconds!
- Then place a couple spoonfuls of chicken on your tortilla with a small handful of spinach and cheese.
- Fold in half and place in the pan. To keep it closed in the pan take a kitchen plate and place it on top of the quesadilla and then put a heavy jar on top of the plate. (If you have any bricks that are not being used in the garden, it can become a fantastic kitchen tool. Just give the brick a good bath, let it dry, and the wrap it in foil and then you can use that instead of a jar)
- Cook till golden brown and serve!
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!