- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1 ¼ pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, (about 3 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook until slightly thickened, whisking continuously (about 3 minutes).
Serve with cooked orzo salad. Cook orzo according to package, add chopped cucumber, diced red onion, lemon juice, chopped fresh dill, salt and pepper.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!