Sweet, sour, and a new twist on a traditional; lemon meringue pie tarts are sensational. Serve for dessert or take to a party, either way they are sure to please.
These tasty treats have three ingredients: pie crust, lemon curd, and meringue. Start out these delicacies by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. This will allow some time to roll out the pie crust, and get the tart pans ready. Make sure to fit your dough into the pans and to cut off any extra.
Prepare your dough by pricking a fork into it. Put your tart pans on to a cookie sheet, before placing in the oven. Bake the tarts for about 20 to 25 minutes, they should be lightly browned when finished.
Once ready, pull them out and allow them to cool down. In the meantime, set the oven to a high broil. Once they are cooled you can fill them with the lemon curd and top them off with meringue, place in the oven and lightly brown the meringue. When finished you can pull them out of the oven and set aside to cool, before serving to friends and family.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust evenly on a clean, floured surfaced. Place tart pans over the dough and cut one inch around the tart pans.
- Fit the cut dough into pans and remove the excess, if any.
- Prick the bottom with a fork, place pans on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, crust will be lightly browned.
- Set the oven to high broil.
- Allow the crust to cool and fill with lemon curd, top with meringue and set in the oven to brown the meringue.
- Allow pies to cool in a draft free area.
- Serve and enjoy!