- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup lemon juice, 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until mixture becomes light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Mix in vanilla, lemon juice, and salt. Set mixer to low and gradually add flour, beat until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, water, and lemon zest, stir until smooth. Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle with icing. Let icing set, slice, and serve.