- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup lemon juice, 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until mixture becomes light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Mix in vanilla, lemon juice, and salt. Set mixer to low and gradually add flour, beat until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, water, and lemon zest, stir until smooth. Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle with icing. Let icing set, slice, and serve.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!