- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rum or sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a 1-gallon food storage bag.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken in the bag. Seal or cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking (do not marinate overnight when using lime juice as it will cook and break down the meat).
- Once chicken is marinated, build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill or grill pan to high. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the used marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook about 10 minutes on each side
- Serve garnished with lime and sprigs of mint.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!