Are you looking for an almost guilt-free dessert? This comes pretty close. It combines the sweet flavors of strawberries and sugar, with the creamy sensation of whipped topping and cream cheese. The end result is wonderful; a taste that will dance on your taste buds.
This particular dessert may be best served on a warmer day. However, it is also tasty throughout the year, particularly when you’re looking for lighter fare. You can also get extra creative and try other fruits like berries or citrus. If you try your hand at a orange or lemon cheesecake, then just grate the peel for a tangy topping. However, if it’s strawberries you wish for, follow this recipe and enjoy a sweet delight.
This will make enough to serve eight people. It’s simple if you follow the step by step instructions. You can start by simply mixing up the cream cheese, sugar, cool whip, and strawberry extract. Once that’s ready, you’ll want to make your strawberry puree. The instructions for this are easy as well. In a blender, add about five strawberries, two to three tablespoons of sugar, and 1/2 tsp of water. This can then be used inside the pie filling and as an attractive topping.
Finish your pie, by scooping it into the no bake pie crust. Make it extra special by adding some sliced strawberries atop strawberry puree. This will provide you with a delicious dish and an excellent presentation.
Recipe and Description by Ashley Horst
- 1 Nilla No-Bake Wafer Pie Crust
- Strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounce whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- Using a beater or whisk, mix softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Add strawberry extract and whipped topping to the mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add to the mix two tablespoons of homemade Strawberry Puree. To make this, blend about five strawberries, two to three teaspoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of water.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust, use a rubber spatula to smooth out the top.
- Pour the remainder of the strawberry puree over the top of the pie. Slice strawberries and place on top of the pie as you wish.
- Refrigerate for about four hours before serving.