Nutella has grown in popularity over the years. It’s a delicious hazelnut spread with a taste of hazelnuts, cocoa and skim milk. It’s a taste kids and adults can agree on.
This simple and easy recipe provides a flavorful bite. The ingredients include butter, white bread, Nutella/ hazelnut spread, eggs, powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder. However, it’s encouraged that you experiment with different fillings and share your findings. We love to hear what our readers have to say.
Try out this recipe for something quick, easy and delicious. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 3 minutes to cook. So in just 13 minutes you can have 12 French toast rolls to serve 4-6 people.
This easy recipe starts with some bread. Roll your bread with a rolling pin to get it a little thinner. Spread the Nutella on to the bread, but don’t go to the edge or it will get messy. In the meantime mix up some cocoa powder and powdered sugar in one location. Also, put eggs in another bowl. Additionally, you want to warm up some butter in a pan. Once you’ve spread your Nutella on the bread, dip it into the egg mixture then put it in the pan. Gently turn the rolls; they are finished when they reach a golden color. Lastly, roll them in the powdered mix and eat. Make sure to roll them in the powder while they are still hot. If you want a lighter coverage of powder you can use a sieve.
This tasty breakfast is like having dessert to start the morning. It’s quick, simple and satisfying.
Description by Ashley Horst
We were looking for a simple breakfast that you can make that is special. Our nutella french toast rolls are a quick and easy breakfast. Not to mention delicious! The kids and adults will love ’em! Try all sorts of fillings and be sure to share what filling you tried with us!
Nutella French Toast Rolls
By January 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 (4-6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Ready In: 13 mins
Nutella has grown in popularity over the years. It’s a delicious hazelnut spread with a taste of hazelnuts, cocoa and skim milk. …
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 12 Slices White Bread
- Nutella/Hazelnut Spread
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Prep your powder sugar and cocoa powder by mixing it together and spreading it out on a plate. You're going to need to move your rolls to the powder while they are still hot.
- Melt Butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl wider than the width of your bread slices.
- Next, take your breads slices and flat them with your hand or rolling pin.
- Then take your Nutella and spread it across your bread. Don't take it all the way to edge or you'll end up with a mess. If you don't take it all the way to the edge you can be fairly generous in how much you add.
- Gently, roll the slices of bread. As you finish each one dip them in the egg and place them in the pan.Gently turn them until they are a nice golden color all the way around.Once they are golden, move them to your plate of powder sugar and roll them in the mixture and EAT!
- Note: Sometimes the powered sugar likes to clump. If you would prefer a lighter dusting then you a spoon or small sifter to spread the mixture over your Nutella Rolls.