Oven Roasted Chicken
- 40 cloves of garlic (3 to 4 heads)
- 1 whole chicken (5.5-pound), cleaned and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, place chicken and rub thoroughly with 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme and remaining butter to skillet.
- Roast in oven for about 60 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with juices. Continue cooking until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, be sure to avoid bone. Transfer to serving platter and rest 10 minutes before carving.
Copyright BestRecipes Magazine