Oven Roasted Chicken
- 40 cloves of garlic (3 to 4 heads)
- 1 whole chicken (5.5-pound), cleaned and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, place chicken and rub thoroughly with 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme and remaining butter to skillet.
- Roast in oven for about 60 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with juices. Continue cooking until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, be sure to avoid bone. Transfer to serving platter and rest 10 minutes before carving.
Copyright BestRecipes Magazine
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!