Some of this may sound a bit complicated, but I promise it isn’t. You will likely feel pretty confident in making this again after your first go around.
You will need:
- One 1lb Ribeye about 1″ thick. (Room Temperature)
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
Here are some important kitchen tools you will need…
- Cast Iron Skillet. If you don’t have one you can pick an 11″ up for about $20. It’s a worth while investment!
- A VERY GOOD oven mitt
- Long Tongs
- Turn Oven on Hi Broil and place skillet on top rack to heat.
- In a cup mix your salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Rub the oil mixture on the rib-eye.
- Remove skillet from the oven and place on the burner. Turn burner to Hi.
- Place rib-eye on skillet. We are going to pan-sear it so only cook it for about 30 sec on each side.
- Once both sides have been seared, place the skillet back in the oven to broil.
- Here are the cooking times once in the oven…
- Rare : 2 minutes on each side.
- Medium: 3-4 minutes each side.
- Well: 4-5 minutes each side.
Remove from oven, plate it, and enjoy.