- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken quarters
- 1 (18 oz) package polenta, cut into ¼” thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add garlic, spinach, basil, pine nuts and 1 tablespoon of the oil into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Start the food processor and pour the rest of the oil in a slow, steady stream. Add parmesan, salt, and pepper; pulse to combine. Pesto is complete.
- On a clean work surface, spread pesto underneath the skin of chicken; using remaining pesto on top.
- Using a roasting pan with drip tray, spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the bottom pan and lay polenta rounds inside; season with salt and pepper. Laying the drip pan over the top, then add chicken to the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then bake for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!