- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pounds (8 to 10) medium red skin potatoes, scrubbed
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, green onion, salt, and pepper. Place in refrigerator.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water. Reduce water to a simmer and cook until potatoes are knife tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, let cool completely and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, gently fold together potatoes and dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This recipe can be made ahead up to 1 day.