Pulled pork sandwiches are a classic, especially with a little barbecue. This recipe is simple and easy to make. You’ll only need three ingredients: jalapenos, onions and pork shoulder (or butt).
Get out the crock pot and make a bed of onion slices at the base. Pile on the pork shoulder and then pour a jar of jalapenos on top. After 8 hours of this cooking on low, the meat should be tender. It should flake off with the use of a fork. It will have a savory flavor with just a mild kick.
When it’s done remove the onions, jalapenos, juices and any extra fat. Then place the pork back in the crock pot and start shredding it (two forks should work for this). The pork should be tender and fall off the bone. Remove the bone from the pot.
Serve the pulled pork on a bun with some bbq. You can use a store bought one or try out this homemade recipe.
The ingredients you’ll need are water, ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard and pickle juice (optional). Just combine the water, mustard and sugar, making sure that it’s well mixed (no lumps). Then add the rest of the ingredients to the sauce. Heat everything until there is a mild boil. Turn the heat off and serve the sauce over some pulled pork. This is a savory dish you can brag about: homemade pulled pork with bbq sauce, not too shabby.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 4-5 lb Pork Shoulder or Butt
- 1 Jar Jalapeños They cook off and leave great flavor and a mild kick
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- Make a bed of onion slices, set pork shoulder on onions in crock pot, pour the jar of Jalapeños on top and cook for 8 hours on low. It will be super tender and fall apart.
- Remove pork from crockpot and pour out juices, onions and Jalapeños. If there’s any fat on the pork you want to remove go ahead and do that.
- Place pork back into crockpot pan and shred with two forks, remove the bone (If you use a shoulder). Add your favorite BBQ sauce, serve on buns and enjoy!
If you’re wanting to try this with our BBQ Sauce, here it is!
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- 1 14oz Bottle of Ketchup
- 1 12oz Bottle of Chili Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbls Dry Mustard Spicy could be good
- 1 Tbls Pickle Juice optional
- Mix mustard and sugar into water, make sure there are no lumps. Add remaining ingredients and heat in a saucepan to a slight boil. That’s it! This stuff should come in a bottle, seriously.
- Put this on your favorite pork shops, ribs, burgers, or on our pulled pork recipe. 🙂
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!