- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 half prepared pie dough, (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon sanding sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix one egg with 1 teaspoon water; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, clove, ginger and milk.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, lay pie dough round in the center. Fill with pumpkin mixture and fold in the edges of the pie dough. Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar and top with pecans. Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and pumpkin has set.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- Combine flour and salt, cut in butter until mixture resembles small crumbles. Add water, a little at a time, mix into a workable dough (use more water if needed). Divide dough in half, roll out a top and a bottom half of crust on a floured board.