Chicken salad is a classic dish. You can put it between two slices of bread or right on top of some salad greens. There are numerous ways to add flavor to this classic. This recipe, in particular, gives chicken salad a sweet and tangy flavor. The ingredients include poached chicken cutlets, Greek yogurt, rosemary and raspberry vinaigrette. It’s simple, tasty and good for you.
Greek yogurt makes for a healthy substitute to mayo. Greek yogurt is high in protein and it’s a good calcium source. The rosemary adds a tasty savory flavor and the vinaigrette is sweet and tangy.
This recipe is easy and only takes about 25 minutes to make, 5 minutes for prep time and 20 minutes for cook time. You can poach the chicken following the directions included in the recipe steps. Once it’s poached, pull pieces of the chicken off and mix with the Greek Yogurt. When you have enough yogurt mixed in, you can add the rosemary and raspberry vinaigrette. Take your mixture and spread it on the bread and you’ve got a sandwich.
You can make two sandwiches with this or place over a bed of lettuce. Either would be satisfying and tasteful. Additionally, serve with a side of your choosing, maybe sliced apples or natural potato chips. This makes for an easy, healthy and delicious lunch.
This refreshing sandwich is great on the go or in the house. Wow your friends and family with your cooking skills.
Description by Ashley Horst
Raspberry Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
By April 6, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Sandwiches (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Chicken salad is a classic dish. You can put it between two slices of bread or right on top of some salad greens. There are numerous …
- 3 Poached Chicken Cutlets or 2 chicken breasts.
- 2-3 Tbls Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 2-3 Tbls Raspberry Vinaigrette
- For this recipe, we poached the chicken with a whole onion cut in half, salt, pepper, rosemary, and any other seasonings you want. Place these ingredients in cold water and bring to boil, once brought to a boil educe to a simmer for 5 mins. Then, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 12-15 mins. Poaching this way will keep you chicken from being dry! Internal temp should be around 160°.
- Combined torn poached chicken and yogurt. Add more yogurt if its not binding. Add rosemary and vinaigrette. Serve on favorite bread. We used a fantastic Raspberry Vinaigrette by Jen's Dressings. It is one of our favorites here at BestRecipes Magazine!