This is a simplified recipe with a delicious end result. Its super easy, it takes no time at all. All you need are four ingredients: salt, pepper, asparagus and olive oil – that’s it!
Start by preheating your oven at 425 degrees. While the oven is heating up, slice off the bottoms of the asparagus stems. Pull out a cookie sheet and line up the asparagus. Be sure to keep them from overlapping. Take out the olive oil and drizzle it over the asparagus (1 tablespoon). Make sure the olive oil is coating the asparagus and sprinkle it with your seasoning (salt & pepper). Bake these greens for just 12 minutes and serve.
This recipe is simply satisfying. No need to add much to asparagus as it has its own unique flavor – succulent, tender and earthy. It’s one of the older foods around. Some believe it’s been around for about 2,000 years!
Asparagus is one of those foods that’s just plain good for you. According to WebMD it “is one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables — high in folic acid and a good source of potassium, fiber, thiamine, and vitamins A, B6, and C. You can’t get much healthier than that.
With just four ingredients you can create a delicious side dish with a nutritional bonus. It’s easy, satisfying and good for you. There aren’t too many recipes that are this simple, while still packing a flavorful punch!
Description by Ashley Horst
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the bottom inch off of the bottom of the asparagus.
- Place them on a cookie sheet. Make sure they are not overlapping.
- Drizzle about 1 Tbs of olive oil over the top and roll the asparagus on the sheet a bit to make sure they are all covered with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over asparagus.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Enjoy!