- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 pound white potatoes, diced into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ pound skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat, add butter and oil. Add green onions, celery, garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally until celery softens, about 5 minutes. Add flour and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and vegetable stock, add potatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add the salmon and corn, cooking until salmon is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Top with fresh parsley.