- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup milk, plus additional 1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or rubbing between your fingers, until it is in pea sized lumps. Stir in the blueberries. In a small bowl, mix together milk, egg, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir gently, until well blended. Do not overwork the dough, otherwise the scones will come out very dense.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough. With floured hands, lightly pat scone dough to flatten. Cut into eighths, place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle sugar on tops.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven until the tops are golden brown, not deep brown.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!