Do you want a great snack/breakfast without the wheat? Try out this recipe for Spelt Banana Bread; it uses spelt flour, which is free of wheat. It’s also low in gluten. The recipe is easy. It serves six and takes about 55 minutes to bake. Keep in mind, additional time is needed for prep and cooling.
The ingredients include several regular household items like butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, and baking soda. It also includes mashed bananas, spelt flour, and the option of chopped nuts. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all your wet ingredients using a mixer. Afterwards, use another bowl to sift the dry ingredients. When both the dry and wet ingredients are mixed separately, you can then combine them. Make sure it is mixed well, but not over mixed. Think “Goldilocks” it has to be just right. Once it’s ready you can grease a pan and pour the ingredients in. Bake for 55 minutes or until it becomes a dark golden brown color. Once it’s finished, allow it to cool for ten minutes. Then remove it from the pan and let it cool. Once it’s finished cooling, you can serve guests, family and yourself.
This is a great recipe to try out. Banana bread is not only moist, but it offers an appetizing sweetness. You can eat it plain or add a little butter. Try making the recipe with or without chopped nuts. Either way it’s delicious. Banana bread is good for a quick on-the-go snack, a breakfast treat or even a appetizing gift (think holidays, housewarmings etc).
Try this recipe that’s “just right.” Treat yourself with something sweet.
Description by Ashley Horst
- 1/2 Cup butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana, about 3 bananas over-rippened are best
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Spelt Flour we used VitaSpelt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- In a bowl, mix wet ingredients with hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Using a hand-mixer, combine dry and wet ingredients until well combined, but don’t over-mix!
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and cook for about 55 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from loaf pan. Allow to cool 10 more minutes (It’ll be easier to cut) then serve!
This recipe’s batter makes incredible waffles! So if you’re not in the mood for bread, then waffles would be a great option!
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!