- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 14 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 9 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained cut into bite size pieces
- Handful Parmesan, freshly grated
- Handful parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
- In a large saucepan heat olive over medium. Stir in garlic and onion; cook until onions are translucent. Pour in the diced tomatoes, then stir in the basil. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 mins. Add the artichokes to the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour over the spaghetti.
- Toss in your basil, grate some parmesan cheese. Serve with more parmesan and fresh parsley.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!