- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 pounds strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender or rubbing between your fingers, until it is in pea-sized lumps. Pour half and half into the dry ingredients, and stir gently, until well blended. Do not overwork the dough otherwise, biscuits will come out very dense. Using a ⅓ cup, scoop batter onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and vinegar; let macerate until sugar has dissolved and juices are extracted.
- In a medium bowl whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form; fold in brown sugar and vanilla extract until mixed thoroughly. Assemble and enjoy.
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!