Are you looking for something a little different? Here is an easy salad with a fresh twist. It’s low fat, healthy, and simply tasty. Plus, believe it or not, the tuna steaks are very filling!
Start off by heating up the grill to max heat. Coat the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. However, feel free to cut or increase the suggested amounts to create your desired flavor. This salad will be done in a flash, because the cooking time is only 5-8 minutes. Simply sear each side of the steak for about 2.5-4 minutes, until desired rareness. When finished the steak will basically flake/ pull apart with your fork. The final result should be tender.
Create a plate of greens using iceberg lettuce, banana peppers, red onions, yellow bell peppers, and red bell peppers. It will taste delicious with your tuna steak, especially if you add a little wasabi paste and ginger powder. Top off your creation with a dressing. Balsamic vinaigrette was used here; however other dressings could pair well. Maybe try a citrus ginger (remove the ginger powder) or an olive oil and vinegar mixture? Be creative in putting together this fresh fare.
This delectable dish is satisfying and delicious. It’s simply easy and finished in minutes. It’s like having an eloquent meal with fast-food timing.
Recipe contributed by Aaron and Ashley Horst
- 2 tuna steaks
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- Banana peppers
- Red onion
- Yellow and green bell peppers
- Ginger powder
- Wasabi paste
- Iceberg lettuce
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Coat tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Make a bed of salad greens, add vegetables and tuna steak. Optionally: add a little wasabi paste to the steak before adding to the salad.
- Add your white wine, thyme, and garlic to skillet. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Add dressing and sprinkle a little ginger