Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 9-inch baking pans and line bottoms with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture and zucchini. Pour mixture into baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth, divide in half.
- Set one cake on a flat surface and spread half of the frosting in an even layer; place the second cake on top and spread the remaining frosting. Smooth down and top with fresh blueberries.
Copyright BestRecipes Magazine
Recipes for Everyday Life
Sign up today for great recipes delivered right to your inbox! Plus, a free gift for you!